Element 27 by Hillam Architects
Resilient Selection Tool
Choose your building class and the area that you'd like hard surface flooring recommendations for.
Scroll down to see more detailed information:
Hospitality, Workplace, Education
Class 2, 3, 5 & 9
Healthcare and Aged Care Facilities
These are recommendations are based on:
- AS/NZS HB 198:2014 - where the NCC does not require slip resistance
- Shaw Contract recommendations are based on durability, strength and load resistance
- Every application is different, these recommendations should be used as a guide, if you have specific questions or concerns unique to your space contact Shaw Contract for more assistance.
- Entry Area, Foyers & Vestibules - Regardless of the flooring that is used in an entry area there should always be a walk-off mat or walk-off carpet tile at the doorway to absorb rain, salt and dirt. This will protect and extend the life of the floor.
- Weight Room / GYM - No Shaw Contract resilient products are recommended in weight rooms where there will be heavy free weights or barbells due to the dropping of heavy weights that can potentially damage the floor. Carpet is recommended for this application. However, certain Shaw Contract resilient products are recommended for use in weight rooms with NO heavy free weights.
- Utility Closets - Due to the various chemicals that can be found in utility closets we recommend bare concrete floors in this application
Need Acoustic Advice?
Have a look at the Shaw Contract Sound Advisor® Tool to find test results appropriate to your building construction type