EcoLogix® ES Custom Backing
EcoLogix® ES carpet tile cushion backing and attached adhesive system is Cradle to Cradle Certified® Bronze. A sustainable alternative to urethane and PVC cushion backing systems, EcoLogix® ES tile is made with 100% post-consumer recycled content, each square yard contains approximately 56 recycled PET plastic bottles. With four times better lamination strength, it resists compression providing better long-term comfort and support and adding enhanced ergonomic benefits.
EcoLogix® ES tile is a breathable backing that allows moisture to rise and evaporate through the seams of the tile, alleviating most slab-based moisture concerns. Additionally, EcoLogix® ES tile improves acoustics, both floor-to-floor and in-room sound absorption, versus standard carpet tile and hard surface flooring.
The attached peel-and-stick thermoplastic hot melt pressure sensitive adhesive is releasable and re-attachable. The attached adhesive reduces down time on a project allowing you to move into a space faster, it can be walked on right after it is rolled. EcoLogix® ES eliminates the need for additional adhesives and has a lower VOC than most traditional wet adhesives.
- Face Yarn - EcoSolution Q® fiber provides long lasting durability and stain resistance.
- Primary Backing - High-strength primary backing adds dimensional stability to the product.
- High Performance Precoat - High-performance precoat provides maximum tuft bind, ensuring all tufts stay in place.
- Thermoplastic Compound - Thermoplastic Compound laminate bonds the carpet face with the backing for superior strength against delamination.
- Fiberglass Reinforcement - Fiberglass Reinforcement creates unmatched stability.
- Thermoplastic Compound - Thermoplastic Compound bonds the matrix pad to the above layers.
- Matrix Pad - Uses 100% post-consumer recycled PET plastic bottles to help consume waste plastics into a beautiful solution. This cushion is bonded to previous layers, creating comfort underfoot. This matrix pad allows moisture dissipation from the subfloor beneath the carpet tile.
- ES - Pressure-sensitive hotmelt adhesive with releasable liner.